Baleshwar, 76 kms. from Pithoragarh, situated at Champawat is the most artistic temple of the district. There are evidences that the group of temples dedicated to Baleshwar, Ratneshwar and Champawati Durga were built by the early kings of the Chand dynasty. The temple once had intricate structural features and a sanctuary with a mandap. The intricate carving still visible on the ceilings of these temples is an evidence of their ancient glory and artistic excellence. This temple has been declared a National Heritage Monument and is looked after by the Archeological Survey of India(ASI) since 1952. It is open all the time for public visits and Mahashivratri is one festival celebrated with a colorful fair in the campus of the temple. Temple is opened from 9 AM to 11.30 AM and from 5 PM to 8.30 PM.